While Portlanders and sailors alike enjoy Fleet Week, anyone trying to cross the Willamette River during a bridge lift may find the experience less than ideal.
Only the Broadway and Burnside bridges are affected during predetermined times. The remaining ten bridges in Portland will remain open.
At these times, officials in Multnomah County advise using an alternate route-
- Two ships will dock on Tuesday, June 6th, between 2 and 4 p.m.
- One vessel is scheduled to arrive on June 7 between 2 and 4 p.m.
- Seven ships are scheduled to arrive on Thursday, June 8, between 2 and 6 p.m.
- All ships will set sail on Monday, June 12th, at sunrise. There will be lots of traffic and bridge lifts.
You can see a tweet for the confirmation of the news-
Fleet Week will impact some downtown Portland bridges maintained by @multco. The Broadway & Burnside bridges will lift for ships arriving in Portland during the annual event that brings in U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard and Canadian ships. (2022 picture).https://t.co/9XdG1KBujQ pic.twitter.com/tHrk03vdLu
— MultCo Bridges (@MultCoBridges) June 2, 2023
The following resources will help you learn more about nearby you:
- Peninsula Crossing Residents Worry About the Safety of the Safe Rest Village.
- Asian Woman Beaten Up With Belts And Dragged By Black Suspects!
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute information about what’s happening nearby you.