A family-owned business with a 75-year history in the car retail business will close all of its stores in Oregon.
This choice was made because the once-thriving company is now struggling to stay in business because of tough competition and fast-paced changes in the retail industry.
Let’s look at what caused this dramatic turn of events and tell customers about the huge deals they can get before the final curtain falls.
What Is Happening With Knecht’s Auto Parts?
Knecht’s Auto Parts, a well-known auto parts store that has been in business for 75 years, has chosen to close all of its US stores.
This is the end of an era for the family-owned chain, a mainstay in Oregon.
Why Is Closing Important?
- Knecht’s Auto Parts has eight stores in Oregon right now.
- Competition has gotten tougher and the company has lost market share.
- The closing will happen on May 31, and about 35 people will be affected.
- Eugene, Springfield, Albany, and Bend are some of the places.
What Made Knecht’s Auto Parts Close?
Kevin Sabbato, the CEO of Knecht, said that the store was closing because of more competition and a changing retail environment.
The store selling car parts is “no longer sustainable” now that national auto parts stores are opening in Oregon.
What Discounts Are Offered To Customers Before Closing?
As Knecht’s gets ready to close, the company gives huge discounts on all of its products. Everything in the store is 50% off, and on May 1, the prices will go up to 70%.
Check out more recent updates given below-
- Oregonians Are Ready for a Severe Allergy Season as Pollen Levels Climb
- The State of Oregon Has Banned the Use of Foam Takeout Cartons
What Does Knecht’s CEO Say About The Closing?
Sabbato thanked customers and workers for their support over the years. He told KTVZ, “We’ve been involved in the community for 75 years, and we couldn’t have done it without the help of our customers and employees.”
What Should People Know About The Closing?
As the company gets ready to shut down, customers can save much money on items until the last day of business on May 31.
Here is an online list of all of the company’s Oregon locations:
- Springfield: 547 Q Street
- Springfield: 3402 Main Street
- Eugene: 2290 West 11th Avenue
- Eugene: 1082 Highway 99 North
- Eugene: 2590 River Road
- Eugene: 248 North 9th Street
- Albany: 2142 Santiam Highway Southeast
- Bend: 63011 North Highway 97
Remember that clearance sales at each store may differ, so it’s a good idea to check online or call beforehand.
On Sundays, most of Knecht’s shops are open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., but the 248 North 9th Street store closes at 5 p.m. Most shops are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday and Saturday.
Leave a comment below with your ideas on this topic and tell your friends and family about it on social media.