Voter Turnout In Oregon Reached 20%: State elections officials stated that voter turnout had reached 21% by the end of the business day on Tuesday. This means that the remaining 79% of voters had just seven days to get their ballots stamped or turned in to county election offices in order for their votes to be counted.
The preliminary statewide turnout numbers are not even close to matching those of the most recent midterm elections. At this stage in both 2014 and 2018, 24 percent of Oregon’s voters who were registered to vote had cast ballots.
- Legislation To Limit The Number Of Patients A Nurse Can Be Assigned Has Been Proposed By The Oregon Nurses Union
- Officials In Oregon Are Conducting An Investigation After The Discovery Of Two Dead Bears In Trees
As is normal, voter participation is high in a significant portion of rural Oregon at this point, although it is significantly lower in the state’s three counties with the highest population: Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas. To this point, voters in Multnomah County have been the slowest to submit their ballots, with only 15.6% of ballots having been submitted.
In the fall elections, the state’s three most urban counties, and particularly Multnomah, have a tendency to witness a big increase in the number of people voting on the very last day. This trend is spurred in part by the high concentration of ballot drop boxes that make voting late easier.
The turnout of Republicans is significantly higher than that of Democrats by a margin of 29% to 26%, as seen by state tallies. The participation rate of voters who are not associated with either of the two major parties is rather low, coming in at about 13%.
- After Setting A New Temperature Record In October, Oregon Might Be In For A Chilly And Wet Winter
- Realtor In Columbia Gorge Is Honored For Outstanding Service
There is still a lot of time for voters to cast their ballots in some of the most competitive and high-stakes elections that the state of Oregon has seen in more than a decade, including the contest for governor and the election for half of Oregon’s seats in the United States House of Representatives. On Tuesday, ballots must have a postmark by that date or be dropped off at an official drop box no later than 8:00 p.m. on that day.
You can visit www.focushillsboro.com for the latest news. If you have any queries or suggestions can put them in our comment section.