Former Pence Chief Of Staff Appeared Before Grand Jury Probing Jan. 6

In an interview with ABC News, former chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence Marc Short stated that he had testified before a federal grand jury looking into the attack on the U.S. Capitol on January 6.

In an interview with ABC News’ Linsey Davis on Monday night, Short said that he had been subpoenaed by a grand jury and testified before it. He added, however, that he “really can’t speak further than that” on the advice of his legal representation. The grand jury appearance was originally reported by ABC News on Monday morning.

On Friday, an ABC News camera filmed Short and his lawyer, Emmet Flood, leaving D.C. District Court. With his appearance before the grand jury, Short is the highest-ranking member of Trump’s White House staff to do so.

Read More:

He told Davis in the interview, “I think that having the Capitol looted the way that it was, I think does offer liability and danger.” “What’s more, I believe the Secret Service performed admirably that day. If the mob had gotten closer to the vice president that day, I truly believe there would have been a slaughter in the Capitol, notwithstanding how it was possibly represented in the hearings last week.”

When approached by ABC News, a representative from the U.S. Attorney’s Office declined to comment. Greg Jacob, Pence’s former chief counsel, also appeared before the grand jury, individuals familiar with the matter told ABC News.

ABC News attempted to contact both Jacob and his lawyer, but neither answered. The Jan. 6 committee just had a public hearing, and Jacob testified before the group. According to various sources who spoke to ABC News, the Department of Justice expanded its criminal investigation into the events of January 6 in March to include the planning and financing of the demonstration that preceded the storming of the Capitol.

Former Pence Chief Of Staff Appeared Before Grand Jury Probing Jan. 6
Former Pence Chief Of Staff Appeared Before Grand Jury Probing Jan. 6

According to the sources, prosecutors have sent grand jury subpoenas to those involved in the planning and organization of the “Save America” rally held by former President Donald Trump on the Ellipse near the White House. The subpoenas request a wide range of records and documents related to the rally, including text messages, emails, and any communications with other individuals regarding the logistics of the event.

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said at a news briefing last week, “There is a lot of speculation about what the Justice Department is doing, what’s it not doing, what our theories are and aren’t, and there will continue to be that speculation.” We must act with integrity and professionalism in order to bring to justice those who have committed crimes in an attempt to thwart a lawful election.

During public hearings, the House committee looking into the attack on January 6 has shown multiple excerpts from Short’s deposition with committee investigators.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top